Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Social World

I am an avid user of all things social. I interact and view my social feeds constantly and always seem to be left reaching. I typically start on Facebook.. get bored, move to twitter.. realize I already read most of that news already... move to Instagram, get frustrated of the same pictures I saw last week.. click on Google+ and dream of my past.. and click through all others aimlessly... Why is it that I am so interested in those that I am connected to in the social world? In all honesty, I am fairly uninterested in another lovey dovey couple adding another page to their lives or what that one guy I met at a camp in high school thinks about religious or political issues. Then why stay active on social media? I like to think of these applications as a memory bank. It's hard to believe that I have been on Facebook for 8 years now... EIGHT YEARS. And now that I am out of college a few years I find myself browsing the social world as if I will actually find something. I think I am still searching for the point of the social world or what it can really do for me.. Thanks for listening.. this blog may have accomplished almost as much as browsing my social feeds...

Marty 
feel free to follow me

No comments:

Post a Comment